Welcome! As a new pediatric dentist in Poway, we’re so excited about our new practice and the chance to provide outstanding, kid-friendly dental care to the community. For our first blog, we’ll tell you about the services we provide and explain why it’s so beneficial for children to see a board-certified children’s dentist. But be sure to check back in each month for valuable information on a variety of topics such as how to prevent childhood cavities or which oral hygiene products to use. We can’t wait to help your child have a great experience in the dental chair and a healthy smile for life!
What Kind of Services Do We Offer?
Regardless of what type of oral health issues your child may have, we’ve got you covered. From their first visit until they’re ready for college, here are some of the services we provide for every stage of childhood:
- Infants – Oral health risk assessments, silver diamine fluoride treatments, and help with teething
- Toddlers – Checkups and cleanings, guidance for thumbsucking habits or pacifier use
- Children – Fillings and extractions, sealants (which have been found to prevent 80% of childhood cavities), and fluoride treatments to strengthen the enamel and prevent tooth decay
- Teens – Tooth-colored fillings, wisdom tooth evaluation, extractions, and athletic guards
- Sedation dentistry – Nitrous oxide (“laughing gas”) and oral conscious sedation are options to help your child have a comfortable and relaxed visit
- Emergency care – Dental care for any emergency situation
- Special needs – Every child deserves a healthy smile and we’re happy to provide tailored, individualized care to meet any type of special need
Why Is It Worth It To See a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist?
A general dentist can call themselves a pediatric or children’s dentist, but the only way to know if they’ve received specialized training is to verify that they’re board-certified.
To achieve this certification, a dentist for kids in Poway must complete an additional 2 years in a pediatric graduate program after completing dental school.
Then they must pass both a written and clinical exam. After successfully completing all requirements, their certification must be renewed each year to demonstrate continued competency.
Simply put, the extra training and rigorous standards that board-certified pediatric dentists must meet lead to better care for your child!
What Kind of Care Will Your Child Get at Bright Pediatric Smiles?
We know that trusting your child’s smile to us isn’t a choice that you make lightly, which is why everyone on the staff works hard to exceed our patients’ expectations each day.
And, in addition to providing gentle, compassionate care, we’ve also invested in modern equipment and technology to make your child’s appointments more comfortable, effective, and efficient. Examples include low-radiation digital X-rays and intraoral cameras to show you up-close photographs of your children’s teeth and gums.
Ultimately, our goal is to make your child’s visits comfortable and fun. We know these positive early experiences lead to great oral health in adulthood, and when your child is smiling, we smile too!
About the Author
Dr. Sambath Tiep (“Dr. Sam”) is a board-certified children’s dentist in Poway and a mother of two. With over a decade of experience, she combines professional excellence with a warm, friendly chairside manner to make dental care a positive experience for every patient. If you have any other questions about your child’s oral health, she can be reached via her website.